Lions head coach Johan Ackermann has named a side with two changes to the one that beat the Kings in the first leg of the Super Rugby promotion/relegation matches.
The Lions two changes have been brought on by injury and both are in the backline.
Deon Helberg replaces the injured Deon van Rensburg on the wing and Ross Cronje will start at scrumhalf in place of the injured Viaan van der Watt.
The Lions won the first match 19-26 in Port Elizabeth last weekend so they have to either win this week's match or lose to the Kings by no more than 7 points or less.
Should the Kings win the match by seven points and the Lions fail to score four tries for the bonus point the series would be drawn and the Kings would remain in Super Rugby.
The team who will play in Super Rugby 2014 will be determined as follows:
· The log point format used in these matches, as stipulated in paragraph 8 of Section 2 of “Log Points Format” of the SARU Rules of the Competition, will apply. After completion of the play-off matches, the team with the most log points accumulated during these two matches will participate in Super Rugby 2014.
· In the event of an equal number of log points accumulated in the two matches, the winner will be determined as follows:
- the best nett points difference i.e. points for minus points against in the two (2) matches, and if equal;
- the team who scored the most tries in the two (2) matches, and if equal;
- the status quo will remain.
15. Ruan Combrinck , 14. Deon Helberg , 13. Stokkies Hanekom , 12. Dylan Des Fountain , 11. Anthony Volmink , 10. Elton Jantjies , 9. Ross Cronje , 8. Warren Whiteley , 7. Derick Minnie , 6. Jaco Kriel , 5. Franco van der Merwe , 4. Hendrik Roodt , 3. Julian Redelinghuys , 2. Martin Bezuidenhout , 1. JC Janse van Rensburg ,
Replacements : 16. Robbie Coetzee , 17. Ruan Dreyer , 18. Willie Britz , 19. Warwick Tecklenburg , 20. Guy Cronje , 21. Marnitz Boshoff , 22. Chrysander Botha