The Bulls have named a 37 strong squad of players that will meet in Pretoria early in January for a training camp to be held at Sun City during the weekend of 10-12 January 2014.
The squad was named after three weeks of pre-season training at Loftus Versfeld in preparation of next year's Super Rugby season.
Despite losing a number of experienced players from their 2013 campaign to overseas clubs, the squad still consists of 14 Springboks and eight players who won a Super Rugby title with the Bulls in the past.
In releasing the names Bulls coach Frans Ludeke expressed satisfaction on the pre-season effort from the players.
"The guys work really hard over the last couple of weeks and I am happy with the progress we have made. We came up short in the semi-finals of the competition this year, so the squad is really determined to go one better next year," Ludeke said.
"We have a good mix of experience and youth and I am looking forward to the contributions we can expect from our younger generation of players next year."
Bulls captain Pierre Spies praised the structures and culture of hard work at the franchise.
"It made it easy for the younger guys to fit in and we could start working toward our goals immediately. It was also very pleasing to see that the older players still have the desire to work hard, so I think we are in a good spot with regards to our preparation for next year. The guys will enjoy the short break before we join up again."
The Bulls Super Rugby training squad is:
- Props: Morne Mellett, Dean Greyling, Frik Kirsten, Werner Kruger, Marcel van der Merwe
- Hookers: Callie Visagie, Bandise Maku, Bongi Mbonambi
- Locks: Flip van der Merwe, Paul Willemse, Grant Hattingh, David Bulbring
- Loose Forwards: Deon Stegman, Wiaan Liebenberg, Arno Botha, Jacques Engelbrecht, Jacques du Plessis, Pierre Spies, Jono Ross
- Scrumhalves: Francois Hougaard, Piet van Zyl, Rudy Paige
- Flyhalves: Louis Fouche, Handre Pollard
- Midfield: Jan Serfontein, Waylon Murray, JJ Engelbrecht, William Small-Smith
- Outside backs: Bjorn Basson, Akona Ndungane, Sampie Mastriet, Travis Ismaiel, Jurgen Visser, Jesse Kriel, Clayton Blommetjies
- Utility Backs: Ryan Nell, Ulrich Beyers
The Bulls also confirmed that Grant Hattingh and Jono Ross extended their contracts with the union until the end of October 2016.