Waratahs fullback Israel Folau says that he is frustrated and disappointed by the Australian Rugby Union's decision to pull him out of their Super Rugby match against the Force and is worried he could be out for six months.
Folau's last match for the Waratahs was three weeks ago against the Melbourne Rebels and it was in that match that he injured his throat.
The Wallabies fullback missed the Waratahs two matches in South Africa but the Wartatahs and Folau felt that he had recovered from the injury and was named in the team to play the Force.
However on Friday the Australian Rugby Union pulled Folau from the match on the advice of the ARU's chief medical officer Dr Warren McDonald after he had been given specialist advice on the throat injury.
The Waratahs had named Folau in the team after he was given the go ahead by a specialist in Perth as well as given clearance from NSW team doctor Sharron Flahive.
"Obviously I'm very disappointed and frustrated at this stage, but the ARU have made a decision and I'm not happy with it," Folau told Fox Sports.
"I'm very confused at this stage. I've spoken to Sharron and the specialist that I've seen here in Perth this week."
"They said that I was good to go, with the risk that I was well aware of, but obviously the ARU have stepped in and I'm very disappointed.
"I haven't had any contact with the ARU medical staff this whole week."
"In this whole situation I think I'm the most important person they've got to contact and I haven't spoken to any of them, so in terms of that, I'm very disappointed."
Folau said that he was unsure how long he would be kept on the sidelines for but said that it could be up to six months before he returns.
"I am going on the advice that the specialists have said to me," Folau told AAP.
"If you want to make it 100 per cent, it potentially could take that long."