Mathematically there are nine teams still able to qualify for the 2012 Super Rugby finals series, with the Hurricanes right on the edge and needing to win three of their final four matches to reach the knockout stages for the seventh time.
Fifty-seven competition points was the minimum qualification mark for 2011 (achieved by the Sharks and Waratahs), while the Reds topped the table with 66 after their 16 matches.
The 2010 Super 14 top four 'point's spread' for final's series participation was 41 to 47 points (41 to 46 in 2009) over 13 matches, meaning that the current top six teams - with 11/12 regular season fixtures played out - are tracking well.
The current top four have all taken their two byes of the season and have five matches to play, while the chasing pack (team's five to nine) still have to take their second break of the campaign.
Super Rugby run to the 2012 Super Rugby finals series
1. STORMERS (49pts) Beaten 2011 Super Rugby semi-finalists
Sharks (a), Bulls (a), Lions (h), Cheetahs (a), Rebels (h)
2. CHIEFS (49) Did not qualify last year, finishing tenth overall
Bulls (h), Blues (a), Highlanders (a), Crusaders (h), Hurricanes (a)
3. BRUMBIES (44) Did not qualify last year, finishing 13th overall
Reds (h), Rebels (a), Force (a), Waratahs (a), Blues (h)
4. BULLS (47) Did not qualify last year, finishing seventh overall
Chiefs (a), Stormers (h), Cheetahs (h), Sharks (a), Lions (h)
5. CRUSADERS (42) Beaten 2011 Super Rugby finalists
Bye, Highlanders (h), Hurricanes (h), Chiefs (a), Force (h)
6. SHARKS (41) Beaten 2011 Super Rugby semi-finalists
Stormers (h), Lions (a), bye, Bulls (h), Cheetahs (h)
7. HIGHLANDERS (39) Did not qualify last year, finishing eighth overall
Blues (a), Crusaders (a), Chiefs (h), Reds (a), bye
8. REDS (36) 2011 Super Rugby champions
Brumbies (a), bye, Rebels (a), Highlanders (h), Waratahs (h)
9. HURRICANES (35) Did not qualify last year, finishing ninth overall
Rebels (h), Waratahs (a), Crusaders (a), bye, Chiefs (h)
With thanks to SANZAR